Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Latest Youtube Song and a Poem for Israel



This song took quite a while to finish working on. In it, I discuss the difference between liberal, self-loathing Jews such as Yossi Beilin, Yossi Sarid, Shulamit Aloni, Mordechai Va'anunu (may their name and memory be erased), and straight-thinking, Torah-observant ones like Noam Federman of Kahane Chai, Benny Alon of the N.U., the wonderful Rabbanim of Yesha (Judea and Samaria), Moshe Feiglin of and many, many more. I was greatly influenced by one of my childhood idols, "Dr. Dre" whose "What's the Difference" I used as a ballast for my song.

I've befriended a very talented Zionist, "Speedy", by way of Youtube. He's been helping me get my message across. I owe him a lot of gratitude for posting 4 brand new videos on Youtube. You can check him out here: http://www.youtube.com/user/SpeedyNeverGiveUp You can see his blog here: http://www.speedymedia.blogspot.com/

I've been having a very difficult time deciding when to return to Israel. On one hand, I'd like to come back ASAP. On the other, I finally have some stability in my life. I've found a good job and am earning some money. I'm putting away almost all the money I earn towards Israel, but it's still going to take me about a year to have sufficient funds to make it on my own for a period of 2 years. I don't expect to get a great job during this time period--especially not in Efrat where I'd like to live (if only initially).

I'm pondering taking up a money-raising project via: http://www.kickstarter.com/. If you have any other ideas, please let me know. I'd like to make some money via my hip hop. I'm pretty talented when it comes to rap, and I'd like to make my efforts pay off at some point. I've been doing rap since about the age of 13-14 and have been interested in this industry for even longer.

I've received mixed reviews as far as my sometimes militant Zionism. I openly subscribe to the teachings of R' Meir Kahane (H"YD). Not only do I not hide this, but I'm proud of it. I would like to think that others will accept me like I've accepted them, but this has proven to not always be the case. All I can do is continue leading an upright path in life.

Here's a poem I wrote at the time of the Disengagement from Gaza. There's a lot of hidden meaning in it. Let me know what you think:

The Dream

And the land wept in grief
For he who loved it most was no more
The land did not flourish, nor did it swell like she who would give birth
He was not there to hold her hand
With her to go forth

As the years passed by, she grew old and frail
She lost vision and speech
Her bones grew dry
But two things remained: her hope and her love
Her hope for the future
The love for him whom she had once loved

And as she lay there
Breathing harder and harder
He came back in a dream
And kissed her and hugged her
And she opened her eyes
He was there again
A dream no more, not a vision-a man

He had gone from her heart
But alive he remained
When she had only hope
When all else had been lost
She remembered the dream
The dream of a nation
A dream to be free, no matter the cost


I haven't been writing any poetry for a long time now. I'd like to start again at some point. I just need some renewed inspiration. Maybe this will come when I come home to Israel. Wishing all of you a shana tova and a g'mar chatima tova!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home