Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chill J'lem Night

Still up,
More thoughts to drown out the brain noise,
More unexpected emotions to blend in with everything around,
Dark, chill J'lem night
Moves in
To claim another day,
It's dark--not simply dim!
I want to tell the world about my life,
Want to share hidden secrets,
Night.

R' Nachman's tikkun hatzot:
The time for it has long passed,
Another squandered chance?
Or a newly-discovered opportunity for tshuva?
Whichever way,
I yearn sleep,
Night.

More people come 'n go
Fall by the wayside of my life journey,
More girls met,
More dates cancelled,
Memories lost,
Memories don't die--only we do!
Memories remain etched within us,
Night.

Tomorrow
I'll awaken to witness the sunrise above Baka
Arabs used to live here
Now, it's our turn
Oh, now I see--
Day.

Eitan Divinsky
Eitan Divinsky
Eitan Divinsky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home