Thursday, February 16, 2023

Parents Recall ‘Horror Stories’ About their Kids

It’s not every day that you meet Chucky from “Child’s Play” but those of you who’ve had run-ins with that pesky baby that wouldn’t let go of your foot until you doled out the candy will agree that not all children were created in the image of God. Some resemble the not-so-funny version of Dr. Evil. And that’s for starters. When they’re not sound asleep, some kids can drive you absolutely crazy up-the-wall bonkers, as those lucky enough to have survived the calamity will attest to. You will be horrified by what random parents recalled about their experiences bringing up the “ultimate problem child” reincarnation of Bin Laden.


Who Let the Pets Out? 


One parent told us about a time his 5-year-old decided to “free the animals” and let out all the family pets - including the 3-foot python, razor-toothed piranhas, and poisonous tarantulas. “It was a day I’ll never forget,” recalls Michigan-native Todd Gorlitch. “I was having breakfast at around 6:30 am that morning, and all of a sudden, I feel something long and slippery sliding up my leg. At first I thought I’d spilled milk from my cereal, but when I took a closer look, my prized (and potentially deadly) pet python was staring back at me. I’d find out later that my darling Billy was out of bed early that morning.


Driving Miss Baby

Roger from upstate NY recalled the time his 3-year-old took off with his $3 million Rolls Royce and created a scene that would best be described as “OJ on the run #2.” “I was getting ready for a night out with my wife when we got a call from the police. ‘Mr. Jacobs, this is the police and we have an emergency on our hands. There’s a baby at the wheel of a luxury vehicle making its way down Brooklyn Bridge. Helicopters are at the scene attempting to prevent your car - along with the baby - from creating a pile-up and potentially setting the entire bridge on fire.’ That’s when it dawned on me - little Jessica had been awfully quiet the last few hours.”


Set the World on Fire


Jennifer shared the story of her 6-year old burning down the family mansion. She says Issabel had just come home from kindergarten and was playing with some toys when her husband called, asking her to pick up the other kids from school. Issabel had been left alone before and it wasn’t going to take long, so she took off. Half an hour later, the little princess was at her side but the house was nowhere to be seen. When the dust had settled and the family had a place to stay, (they’d just moved in and hadn’t gotten around to getting their new home insured) Jennifer says she remembered leaving a lighter in the living room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Post Home